To explore the wilderness and nature of Estonia and Estonian culture.
Hello there, good people!
Spring has arrived So its high time you wake up from hibernation and stretch your legs, and we give you an opportunity to do that. ESN TLU IC is organising a hike with our amazing guides Rina and Karlis. The hike will take place in Aegviidu starting from 11am on Sunday, 12th of March. We plan to do a 5 km walk, but the distance would be flexible, depending on the participants. If you can, we will do more and vice versa.
We will meet on 12. March at 09.40am at Tallinn Railway Station (Balti Jaam). Organizers will hold the ESN flag for easy recognition. The train ride will take ~1 hour. The train departs from Tallinn at 10:03am sharp and reach Aegviidu by 10:53am
After the hike, we will have small picnic, so bring your own food and something to share with others!
SOME MORE INFORMATION:
What should I bring with me?
- Sportswear or just comfortable clothes
- Since it would still be moderately cold put on some layers to stay warm.
- Hiking Shoes / any shoes you are comfortable in to walk long distances.
- A nutritious snack (sandwiches, nuts, fruit etc)
- Take along water and something warm to drink.
- Camera / Drone / Selfie Sticks / Gimbals, etc. etc...
How do I get to Aegviidu?
- You can take a train from Tallinn to Aegviidu or you can gather your friends and rent Self Drive Cars (Bolt Drive / City Bee).
- If you like to take a train, you can either buy tickets online at https://elron.pilet.ee/.../Tallinn/Aegviidu/2023-03-12/reis or you also have an option to buy it on the train.
- If you are buying tickets online, make sure the time of departure is 10:03am.
- The price of the ticket is 3,15€, but if you have a Student ID Card it is only 2,21€ (one way).
- Either you take a train or a Car, we will assemble at Aegviidu train station at 10:53 and we will be waiting for you there.
**pro tip: buying train tickets online will be cheaper than buying on the train.
(Remember ESNcard doesn't work on trains, you need to have either ISIC card or any University issued ID card to prove your student status)