- Raise awareness among young people about the possible downsides of social media in the areas of mental health, democracy and discrimination
- Advocate for a healthier lifestyle through a more considerate use of social media
- Help implement sustainable changes in the short and in the long run
- Have an online discussion about the movie and social media usage
We tweet, we like, and we share — but what are the consequences of our growing usage – and and dependence – on social media? As digital platforms increasingly become a lifeline to stay connected, Silicon Valley insiders reveal in one of the currently most popular films on Netflix how social media is reprogramming civilization by exposing what’s hiding on the other side of your screen.
Join the ESN Innsbruck team for a thought-provoking movie night followed by an online discussion round in which you can chat with the whole group or another participant. (Note: If you've already watched the movie, you're also very much invited to join our discussion round. Just make sure to register in advance.)
When? 23 November 2020, from 8 until (around) 10 pm
- 8 - 9.30 pm We'll watch the movie
- 9.30 - 9.40 pm We'll have a digital break so we can recharge our batteries, or just go to the bathroom.
- 9.40 - 10.00 pm You can choose to discuss in groups or with another person.
Registration link: https://easy-feedback.com/ESN-Movie-Night/1265907/JJ1wKC
Apart from the Exposure Labs team who kindly granted us permission to stream the movie, we would also like to thank our friends Students' Union (@oeh.innsbruck) for bringing the topic of mental health on the agenda in times like these. Through events like this movie evening, we hope to encourage reflections on how people can increase their well-being now and in the future.
#THISisESN #ESNforHealthAndWellbeing #MentalHealthMonth
By organising this activity, the organisers want to contribute to the following Sustainable Development Goals