The goal of the activity was to promote the opportunities in the EU, such as Erasmus+ programme, to local high school students, to meet an Erasmus exchange student, make them acquainted with foreign cultures, to practise English as a foreign language during the event, and to learn about ESN as a volunteer student organisation.
The event took place in High School “Dimitar Blagoev” in Provadia on 30th May. Two activities of 40 min each were carried out: one with 10th graders and one with 11th graders (each class consisting of around 20 students). The guests were a local ESN volunteer from Varna and an Erasmus exchange student from Germany.
The agenda of each of the two activities was the following:
1. Short introduction about the activity: who is visiting and why; what is about to happen.
2. Introduction to the Erasmus exchange possibilities: short-term projects, university exchanges:
– What is the EU?
– What is Erasmus?
– What types of exchanges are there?
3. Sharing by the Erasmus student:
– Why have they chosen Bulgaria?
– What do they like about Bulgaria’s land, culture, cuisine, etc.?
– What are their best experiences during their exchange in Bulgaria?
– What is interesting about their home country?
4. Reflection with the students:
– Have they got any questions?
– Would they go on an exchange?
– What do they think about the session?
5. Sharing links to groups with Erasmus+ projects opportunities.