The goal of the activity was to promote the opportunities in the EU, such as Erasmus+ programme, to local high school students, to meet an Erasmus exchange student, make them acquainted with foreign cultures, to practise English as a foreign language during the event, and to learn about ESN as a volunteer student organisation.
The event took place in Professional High School for Food Technology and Engineering in Plovdiv on 6th June 2022. One activity of 40 min was carried out with 11th graders. The guests were a local ESN volunteer and an two Erasmus exchange students from Italy and Spain.
The agenda of the activity was the following:
1. Short introduction about the activity: who is visiting and why; what is about to happen.
2. Introduction to the Erasmus exchange possibilities: short-term projects, university exchanges:
– What is the EU?
– What is Erasmus?
– What types of exchanges are there?
3. Sharing by the Erasmus students:
– Why have they chosen Bulgaria?
– What do they like about Bulgaria’s land, culture, cuisine, etc.?
– What are their best experiences during their exchange in Bulgaria?
– What is interesting about their home country?
4. Reflection with the students:
– Have they got any questions?
– Would they go on an exchange?
– What do they think about the session?
5. Sharing links to groups with Erasmus+ projects opportunities.