The aim of the local dialogue was to gather qualitative information from participating youth about the barriers that young people face to accessing mobility and international opportunities and exercising their rights as mobile young people.
We had 18 participants including 16 local students and 2 international exchange students.
Through open discussion (facilitated by 1 ESN volunteer) we have gathered information from university students about these key topics:
• Main motivations to go abroad for learning purposes (study, traineeship,
• Awareness about EU opportunities such as Erasmus, European Solidarity Corps and
• Challenges and barriers to participating in these opportunities: why so many young
people do not access them? How can these barriers be overcome?
• Awareness about the rights of mobile and non-mobile young people as EU citizens.
• Impact of mobility and civic engagement: does mobility make more active citizens?
•Perception of the EU and European Democracy.