Steps before the activity:
- ESN volunteers participated in a Skype call with the teacher
- we had exact information about the classes (number of students, language level, adaptability skills, topic they're learning in school currently, special needs etc.)
- prep meeting with the Erasmus students
- sending the TSO for feedbacking to the teacher
- including the feedback and changing some parts of the TSO
During the activity, most of the work was done by the Erasmus students. They were supported by an ESNer and the teacher.
We worked with 5 different grades and covered 2 topics (depending on they curriculum):
1. Food and culture
2. Natural disasters and environment
We used different techniques, including small group work, brainstorming, using a flipchart, pairing pictures with names etc.
One class also prepared a presentation for the students, about Slovak food that they like. Another class taught us all the songs they know in English. All classes were active and eager.
We can share the TSOs for both topics, just drop us an email at [email protected]
Shout-out to Evka, our national coordinator, who motivates us to implement the activity even better. The students remembered the names of the internationals even after a month, they started to engage more in English and we managed to collect written feedback from 4/5 classes. To us, that means the impact is already visible. The school wishes to continue this cooperation and the headmaster will also sign a certificate recognizing the volunteering hours!